Welcome April (and quarter 4!!!): āprəl/noun: April; the fourth month of the year, in the northern hemisphere usually considered the second month of spring……
- College Fair at CVU from 12:00 to 1:40pm
- Arvid, Charlotte, Savanah, Aislynn, Ben, Kadie
- Author visit. Heather Demetrios.
- Wednesday April 5th (b day). Block ½ in the Black Box Theater. email Ms. Gulick today if you would like to go. visit her website www.heatherdemetrios.com to learn more about her work.
- SkillsUSA updates: Jason, pick up your SkillsUSA jacket from the coop office during break. Savannah, you will meet with an instructor to review technology tomorrow morning.
DCM1 Client work/DCM 2 updates:
- Lane Press co-op: site visit is April 12th, Ms. Papp will bring you. Email was sent home, make sure your parents see it.
- Design Studio:
- Research Sheet + thumbnails for EJ Tree Committee was due Friday. Waiting for teacher comments.
- Exchange: Begin signage.
- Health Services:
- Waiting on instructor feedback.
- Food label: Begin building digital template.
- Human Powered Bike Parade poster: See email from client for updated content. Begin breaking apart imagery in photoshop and experiment with layout and typography. first comp due EOD Monday
- CVU Senior Portfolio Presentation invite. Email Ms. Dulleba.
Today’s Lesson Plan:
- If you did not already: make (1) PDF x1/A w/marks (make sure to turn on document bleed settings). Titled: bookjacket_initials. These hi-quality print ready files will be output through the Epson large format printer (Ms. V will do this)
- place (1) copy in workgroup folder 2017 bookjacket
- Brand/label/prototype: Finish building your digital template and figure out what point size your Quantity Statement needs to be. Check in with Ms. V when you are done, turn in your vessel with the label on it (make sure your name is on it) for teacher sign off.
- Work on your Food label
- Write a thank you note to Ms. Gulick
- Work on CCV, client work and/0r EJ Trees
Due Dates: (* means new today)
- Thank you to Ms. Gulick was Due EOD Friday 4/7
- Write a draft first in google docs, print and turn in for teacher corrections.
- Hand write the final draft on your personal stationery.
- Make sure to personalize the note and to thank her for working with you on the bookjacket project.
- Digital Template. Print to size and scale with marks and turn in for teacher approval. Due EOD Friday
Late or Missing Work:
- HW—bring vessel/package to school. was due BOD Monday 3/27
- Research sheet + thumbnails (logo/label) + brand story. Due EOD Wednesday 3/29
- 4/6/17 Flynn Theater Show • Bus departs @ 9:15 am