- Champlain College Capstone exhibit thank you card: If we don’t have a volunteer today, we will be creative and pick someone who……… is in the second year (!) (you guys are off the hook!!)
- DCM party: Who is bringing something for the sandwich bar? A few more desserts, perhaps? Add your name to the list…………
- English @ 11:15
Today’s Lesson Plan:
- Plan for today:
- In addition to the thank you note to your host, please draft a thank you note to Dan Post Senning, thanking him for the presentation and making a connection between the job shadow experience and one thing he taught you. Print and turn in (due EOD today)
- Plan for the Week. New and improved priorities! (subject to revision):
- Complete Student Assessment of your employer. Check Gradebook, it will tell you if you did not hand it in (STILL MISSING EVALS from TWO students)
- Create a Google doc and script a thank you to your host/s. Be sure to include at least one example of something you discovered, learned etc while on your shadow. Print and turn in
- Finish your Job Shadow Information Cards (due ASAP but, by EOD Weds 12/21 the latest)
- Meet with an instructor to choose and develop logo for stationery.
- Stationery/Thank you card + envelope (due EOD Weds)
- finish Pin Design (new final due date EOD Weds 1/4/17)
- Stationery/rest of packet (BC + letterhead) (also due after break)
Due Dates: (* means new today)
- Stationery packet Thank you card due EOD Weds 12/21 (rest of packet due after break)
- step one: meet with a teacher to choose which logo to use.
- step two: revise your logo based on teacher feedback.
- step three: design your thank you card + envelope so you can write/send your job shadow thank you’s.
- Pin Design Final due date EOD Weds 1/4
- Based on the comments from Friday’s roundtable, make revisions to your pin
- you can only use images that you create, photograph or get from Thinkstock
- use placeholder images until you get instructor permission. Once approved, then work with Ms. Vaida to get final versions.
- Job Shadow Informational Cards due EOD 12/21
- SkillsUSA optional contests:
- SkillsUSA T-shirt, Photography, Advertising Design competition due before 1/16/17
- National SkillsUSA pin + t-shirt must be completed by 1/27/17
Late or Missing Work:
- Job Shadow work both were due Monday 12/19
- Student Assessments
- drafts of thank you letters
- 12.22.16 Last day of school for 2016 + DCM party!