- Today | Job shadows : Danny, Courtney, Joey, Kadie. (Danny & Courtney, Ms. Papp will drive you; Joey & Kadie, you will be on the bus).
- folder (questions, info card, contact info) and something to write with
- Friday | Job shadows: Savanah |Have your folder ready to go
- Offset House tour thank you card: please sign. Thanks Spencer!
- CCV College options (Dual Enrollment/Fast Forward) for spring 2017— Graphic Design 1, Digital Photography, Digital Image Manipulation. Let an instructor know if you’d like to add your name to the list; Friday is the last day to get your name on the list.
- Friday is the close of Quarter 2 progress reports, can you believe it???
- English @ 11:15
Today’s Lesson Plan:
- WORK DAY!
- Pin Design project.
- Bookmark Thinkstock.com for all your stock image needs 🙂
- Review image usage restrictions
- no google images
- you can only use images that you create, photograph or get from Thinkstock
- use placeholder images until you get instructor permission. Once approved, then work with Ms. Vida to get
- begin research brief + thumbnails
- Personal Logo Design
- Finish mind map/work on thumbnails
- logo sketches (1 of each logo type) meet with an instructor for feedback and direction
- Begin building digital artboards
- Job Shadow Information Cards
- Create a Google doc and script a thank you to your host/s. Be sure to include at least one example of something you discovered, learned etc while on your shadow.
- begin each card as you finish each job shadow. submit for teacher feedback as you go.
- Pin Design project.
Due Dates: (* means new today)
- Pin Design. Final due date EOD 12/21
- Logo design assignment #2. Due TBD
- Use Design Process. #1: research (mind map) Due EOD Monday 12/5
- #2: thumbnail sketches Due EOD Tuesday 12/6
- #3: 4 digital roughs Due TBD
- Job Shadow Information Cards. Final Due date EOD 12/21
- begin each card as you go to your job shadow. submit for teacher feedback as you go.
- Optional contest:
- Google Doodle: https://doodles.google.com/d4g/
- Bumper Sticker Design: http://www.vtsbdc.org/programs/real-youth-entrepreneurship/student-events. Submissions due by December 12th
Late or Missing Work:
- color palette assignment due EOD Friday 11/18
- Reading: Due 11/30
- Publication Design read p. 52-65 (stop before color + graphic production)
- Orange book. p. 130-136 (stop before visual identity) + p. 143-145 (stop before symbols).
- Logo Assignment #1 Due 11/30
- 12.9.16 Quarter 2 progress report closes
- 12.13.16 Champlain College Capstone Exhibit, stay tuned for more information