- Welcome to December! In Latin it means the 10th month……..
- Thank you cards:
- Savanah—Dealer.com: have Ms. Vaida help you print the card on card stock and cut/score. Pass around for signatures.
- Spencer—Offset House: resize artboards (see folding dummy) then make revisions and re-print
- Collect job shadow paperwork from Dan
- English @ 11:15
- Visiting guidance counselors will be touring CTE 12:00-1:00
- Student Council mindfulness meeting today @ 12:00
- CCV College options (Dual Enrollment/Fast Forward) for spring 2017— Graphic Design 1, Digital Photography, Digital Image Manipulation. Let an instructor know if you’d like to add your name to the list.
Today’s Lesson Plan:
- Job Shadow placements (at last!).
- Research your placements.
- Draft an email to each of your job shadows, confirming time/place. Include something personal: maybe something you are interested in learning more about, or a connection to something we are doing in the classroom. Print and turn in for feedback/approval. DO NOT SEND WITHOUT TEACHER APPROVAL!
- Once you have approval to send your email, please include the following: DUE: EOD
- subject line- Job shadow
- CC- Mrs Perlah and Mrs Brown
- Informational Card assignment.
- Logo Design Unit
- 3 Different kinds of logos
- how do we use color/shape/type/style to communicate the essence of a brand?
Due Dates: (* means new today)
- * Logo design assignment #2. Due TBD
- Use Design Process. #1: research (mind map) #2: thumbnail sketches #3: 4 digital roughs
- * Job Shadow Information Cards. Final Due date EOD 12/21
- begin each card as you go to your job shadow. submit for teacher feedback as you go.
- Reading: Due BOD Today 11/30
- Publication Design read p. 52-65 (stop before color + graphic production)
- Orange book. p. 130-136 (stop before visual identity) + p. 143-145 (stop before symbols).
- Logo Assignment #1 Due EOD Today 11/30
- Optional contest:
- Google Doodle: https://doodles.google.com/d4g/
- Bumper Sticker Design: http://www.vtsbdc.org/programs/real-youth-entrepreneurship/student-events. Submissions due by December 12th
Late or Missing Work:
- Sketchbook assignment Due BOD 11/28
- This assignment is due when you return from Thanksgiving break. No exceptions.
- If you are so inclined, you may draw on a larger sheet of paper for this composition
- color palette assignment due EOD Friday 11/18
- alternative color wheel assignment due EOD Friday 11/18
- Project A10 | Typographic Sculpture due Date EOD Friday 11/18
- 12.1.16: student council mindfulness meeting
- 12.2.16: Vermont Army National Guard @11:00 in the conference room
- 12.6.16 and 12.7.16: MMU visits
- 12.13.16 Champlain College Capstone Exhibit, stay tuned for more information