- 10:00 in the Auditorium – Guest Speaker, Colin Ryan (all GD students)
- Dakota & Alexis to Cosmo 2 classroom for leadership workshops @12:45-2:00. You will be dismissed from there at the end of the day. Cosmo 2 classroom is in the rink building
- BFA Fairfax students are expected to attend CTE on Monday, bussing is being provided (Alexis and Shauna)
- Kyle C and Griffen: see instructor about tablet
- Dakota- laptop return
- Big Change Round-up ……..4th place goes to Graphic Design with $69.09! We won a milk and cookie party. Congratulations!
- English @ 11:15
- create digital file (see post-it notes in file for art concept approval from instructors). Track time.
- Book jacket project.
- Book reading due today EOD
- Begin Research & Question Sheet: Find three versions of your cover online, print and keep in bookjacket folder
- create a google doc for front and back flap bookjacket content (book description & author’s bio). Print & paper clip to original bookjacket place in hand-box. DO NOT share the google doc with instructors.
- begin thumbnails; 3 for front cover and 3 for back cover
- If you were absent on Wednesday watch the Chip Kidd Ted Talk (see blog post from Wednesday for link)
- Complete book by Friday!
- Drawing Journals; due March 24th (required minimum average of one drawing per week. We are looking for depth + breadth + variety)
- CD project-(pandora)Concept was due EOD Tuesday Should include:
- Thumbnails for front & back of CD
- Research sheet
- CD worksheet
- Printed dummy (duplexed and folded with marks/bleeds. Dummy should have rough thumbs sketched directly on it indicating layout of CD booklet)
- In one paragraph, describe how the integration of the type and visuals you chose for your CD will enhance the listeners experience with your CD (Graphic Design Solutions Chapter 10/Packaging Design. Pages 229-250)
- A is For…. was due EOD Tuesday
- Print 1 booklet (duplexed & with marks/bleeds, uncut)
- Print/trim/staple 1 booklet.
- Make sure to include your imageography (paperclip everything together)
- Friday, March 27th: End of Quarter 3
- Thursday, March 26th: National Technical Honor Society
- Tuesday, March 31st: Step Up Day